Final Story
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Who is online?
In total there are 32 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 32 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 196 on Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:07 am
Discord

Audio-Free Final Story (Final Story Lite)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hyper Member
Hyper Member

Moderator Points :
Audio-Free Final Story (Final Story Lite) Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Audio-Free Final Story (Final Story Lite) Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :
Audio-Free Final Story (Final Story Lite) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Audio-Free Final Story (Final Story Lite) Right_bar_bleue

Activity Points : -16
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Character sheet
RPG field:

Audio-Free Final Story (Final Story Lite) Empty
PostSubject: Audio-Free Final Story (Final Story Lite)   Audio-Free Final Story (Final Story Lite) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 10:05 pm

One major flaw with the game that I've noticed is the size of the Audio collection. It takes up almost 80MB of the game size, and is 4 times as large as the game itself. Personally, I almost never play with the sound on, and downloading all of the extra music is just a huge slow-down and probably painstaking for those with slow internet or dial-up. The problem though, is that you can't just delete the Audio folder, because the game will not run.

What I suggest, is that with every version of Final Story released there is a "Final Story Lite" version, that comes either without the music or with only the very basic sound effects (no more than 2 or 3 MB). It should only take a few more minutes of work per version; after you figure out the best way to allow the game to run independent of the audio.
Back to top Go down
joey7
joey7

Male Posts : 277
Moderator Points :
Audio-Free Final Story (Final Story Lite) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Audio-Free Final Story (Final Story Lite) Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :
Audio-Free Final Story (Final Story Lite) Left_bar_bleue16 / 10016 / 100Audio-Free Final Story (Final Story Lite) Right_bar_bleue

Activity Points : 160
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Audio-Free Final Story (Final Story Lite)   Audio-Free Final Story (Final Story Lite) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 5:40 pm

I could edit it.. It would be easy to be honest. I just am too lazy xD
Back to top Go down
Zeru
Administrator
Administrator
Zeru

Moderator Points :
Audio-Free Final Story (Final Story Lite) Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Audio-Free Final Story (Final Story Lite) Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :

Activity Points : 3068
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Character sheet
RPG field: 1

PostSubject: Re: Audio-Free Final Story (Final Story Lite)   Audio-Free Final Story (Final Story Lite) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 8:13 pm

I thought of that before and upload it without audio, but then again the new people that are downloading wont be able to play or I should upload a separated audio folder? with a lite version or we can say a patch version of finalstory would work.
Back to top Go down
https://finalstory.activoforo.com
Administrator
Hyper Member
Hyper Member

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Activity Points : -16
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Character sheet
RPG field:

PostSubject: Re: Audio-Free Final Story (Final Story Lite)   Audio-Free Final Story (Final Story Lite) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 8:35 pm

Zeru wrote:
I thought of that before and upload it without audio, but then again the new people that are downloading wont be able to play or I should upload a separated audio folder? with a lite version or we can say a patch version of finalstory would work.

No no, that's not what I mean. Just make it so that if you don't have the audio folder it won't give you any errors and you can still play; and then either upload the folder seperately or upload two versions of FS, one with and without.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Audio-Free Final Story (Final Story Lite)   Audio-Free Final Story (Final Story Lite) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Audio-Free Final Story (Final Story Lite)
Page 1 of 1