HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 196 on Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:07 am
Discord

 

 Arena Application PM-Only?

Go down 

Make Arena Applications PM-only and delete forum?
Yes
Arena Application PM-Only? Vote_lcap33%Arena Application PM-Only? Vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
No
Arena Application PM-Only? Vote_lcap33%Arena Application PM-Only? Vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
Don't Care
Arena Application PM-Only? Vote_lcap33%Arena Application PM-Only? Vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9
 

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hyper Member
Hyper Member


Posts : 541
Moderator Points :
Arena Application PM-Only? Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Arena Application PM-Only? Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :
Arena Application PM-Only? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Arena Application PM-Only? Right_bar_bleue

Reputation : 2
Activity Points : -16
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Character sheet
RPG field:

Arena Application PM-Only? Empty
PostSubject: Arena Application PM-Only?   Arena Application PM-Only? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 11:24 pm

This would be a good excuse to delete the forum and save some space. I'd just put a link at the top of the page that says "Arena Application" which would take ppl to the rules thread (when applications are closed we'd just remove the link). It would make the forums a bit easier on the eyes. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
speedycop
Spammer
Spammer
speedycop

Male Posts : 1430
Age : 25
Location : Planet Of Spears..c wat i did thar?
Moderator Points :
Arena Application PM-Only? Left_bar_bleue21 / 10021 / 100Arena Application PM-Only? Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :
Arena Application PM-Only? Left_bar_bleue16 / 10016 / 100Arena Application PM-Only? Right_bar_bleue

Reputation : 1
Activity Points : 810
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Character sheet
RPG field: 1

Arena Application PM-Only? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arena Application PM-Only?   Arena Application PM-Only? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 11:43 pm

Yes please since no one has looked at mine for over 3 months I think that pming is more efficent so I am in favor of this.
Back to top Go down
myfantasy
Spammer
Spammer
myfantasy

Male Posts : 7576
Age : 24
Location : On the run
Moderator Points :
Arena Application PM-Only? Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Arena Application PM-Only? Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :
Arena Application PM-Only? Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100Arena Application PM-Only? Right_bar_bleue

Reputation : 25
Activity Points : 7888
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Character sheet
RPG field: plǝıɟ ƃdɹ

Arena Application PM-Only? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arena Application PM-Only?   Arena Application PM-Only? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 12:04 am

No.. Maybe someone will feel generous enough to help the person if they mess up on the whatever you call it thing.
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Hyper Member
Hyper Member


Posts : 541
Moderator Points :
Arena Application PM-Only? Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Arena Application PM-Only? Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :
Arena Application PM-Only? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Arena Application PM-Only? Right_bar_bleue

Reputation : 2
Activity Points : -16
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Character sheet
RPG field:

Arena Application PM-Only? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arena Application PM-Only?   Arena Application PM-Only? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 12:09 am

myfantasy wrote:
No.. Maybe someone will feel generous enough to help the person if they mess up on the whatever you call it thing.

Think of it this way. There was a person who posted in the arena application section saying "I would like to apply for the arena, my char name is blahblah, thanks!" He didn't even realize he had to make the character sheets, when there was a stickied thread saying "README"
If we make it PM-only the link to do it will lead them directly to the tutorial, and that way people will hardly ever screw up :p
Back to top Go down
myfantasy
Spammer
Spammer
myfantasy

Male Posts : 7576
Age : 24
Location : On the run
Moderator Points :
Arena Application PM-Only? Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Arena Application PM-Only? Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :
Arena Application PM-Only? Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100Arena Application PM-Only? Right_bar_bleue

Reputation : 25
Activity Points : 7888
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Character sheet
RPG field: plǝıɟ ƃdɹ

Arena Application PM-Only? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arena Application PM-Only?   Arena Application PM-Only? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 12:10 am

Hydroxide wrote:
myfantasy wrote:
No.. Maybe someone will feel generous enough to help the person if they mess up on the whatever you call it thing.

Think of it this way. There was a person who posted in the arena application section saying "I would like to apply for the arena, my char name is blahblah, thanks!" He didn't even realize he had to make the character sheets, when there was a stickied thread saying "README"
If we make it PM-only the link to do it will lead them directly to the tutorial, and that way people will hardly ever screw up :p
F6
Back to top Go down
Tacticsrule
Hyper Member
Hyper Member
Tacticsrule

Male Posts : 988
Age : 25
Location : Where u think I am.
Moderator Points :
Arena Application PM-Only? Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Arena Application PM-Only? Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :
Arena Application PM-Only? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Arena Application PM-Only? Right_bar_bleue

Reputation : 23
Activity Points : 764
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Character sheet
RPG field: 1

Arena Application PM-Only? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arena Application PM-Only?   Arena Application PM-Only? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 1:13 am

myfantasy wrote:
Hydroxide wrote:
myfantasy wrote:
No.. Maybe someone will feel generous enough to help the person if they mess up on the whatever you call it thing.

Think of it this way. There was a person who posted in the arena application section saying "I would like to apply for the arena, my char name is blahblah, thanks!" He didn't even realize he had to make the character sheets, when there was a stickied thread saying "README"
If we make it PM-only the link to do it will lead them directly to the tutorial, and that way people will hardly ever screw up :p
F6
He's trying to say that by making it pm only, the link to where you pm to would first show all the instructions and stuffs. I'm voting no because, let's say a person who does make an application wants to get some errors fixed with it, like i did. If it's pm only, the odds of the getting help would go lower. Plus, who will look at all the applications?
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Hyper Member
Hyper Member


Posts : 541
Moderator Points :
Arena Application PM-Only? Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Arena Application PM-Only? Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :
Arena Application PM-Only? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Arena Application PM-Only? Right_bar_bleue

Reputation : 2
Activity Points : -16
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Character sheet
RPG field:

Arena Application PM-Only? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arena Application PM-Only?   Arena Application PM-Only? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 1:25 am

Tacticsrule wrote:
He's trying to say that by making it pm only, the link to where you pm to would first show all the instructions and stuffs. I'm voting no because, let's say a person who does make an application wants to get some errors fixed with it, like i did. If it's pm only, the odds of the getting help would go lower. Plus, who will look at all the applications?

The same person who usually looks at them? Zeru xD
How would that change :p
The thing is if it's PM only Zeru will probably look at it within a day, and if it's wrong then you can post in General section or something asking for help :)
Back to top Go down
Tacticsrule
Hyper Member
Hyper Member
Tacticsrule

Male Posts : 988
Age : 25
Location : Where u think I am.
Moderator Points :
Arena Application PM-Only? Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Arena Application PM-Only? Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :
Arena Application PM-Only? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Arena Application PM-Only? Right_bar_bleue

Reputation : 23
Activity Points : 764
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Character sheet
RPG field: 1

Arena Application PM-Only? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arena Application PM-Only?   Arena Application PM-Only? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 1:32 am

Hydroxide wrote:
Tacticsrule wrote:
He's trying to say that by making it pm only, the link to where you pm to would first show all the instructions and stuffs. I'm voting no because, let's say a person who does make an application wants to get some errors fixed with it, like i did. If it's pm only, the odds of the getting help would go lower. Plus, who will look at all the applications?

The same person who usually looks at them? Zeru xD
How would that change :p
The thing is if it's PM only Zeru will probably look at it within a day, and if it's wrong then you can post in General section or something asking for help :)
See, they would just post it somewhere anyways. If we keep the application forum, it would keep the general forum less cluttered, well less then the state it's already in, and that way other people can help =P
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Hyper Member
Hyper Member


Posts : 541
Moderator Points :
Arena Application PM-Only? Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Arena Application PM-Only? Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :
Arena Application PM-Only? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Arena Application PM-Only? Right_bar_bleue

Reputation : 2
Activity Points : -16
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Character sheet
RPG field:

Arena Application PM-Only? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arena Application PM-Only?   Arena Application PM-Only? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 1:52 am

Tacticsrule wrote:
Hydroxide wrote:
Tacticsrule wrote:
He's trying to say that by making it pm only, the link to where you pm to would first show all the instructions and stuffs. I'm voting no because, let's say a person who does make an application wants to get some errors fixed with it, like i did. If it's pm only, the odds of the getting help would go lower. Plus, who will look at all the applications?

The same person who usually looks at them? Zeru xD
How would that change :p
The thing is if it's PM only Zeru will probably look at it within a day, and if it's wrong then you can post in General section or something asking for help :)
See, they would just post it somewhere anyways. If we keep the application forum, it would keep the general forum less cluttered, well less then the state it's already in, and that way other people can help =P

cluttered? In the last 4 months there have been 4 arena app threads. I don't think a thread more a month will clutter it. They might post in questions accidentally, it doesn't really matter :p
Back to top Go down
Tacticsrule
Hyper Member
Hyper Member
Tacticsrule

Male Posts : 988
Age : 25
Location : Where u think I am.
Moderator Points :
Arena Application PM-Only? Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Arena Application PM-Only? Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :
Arena Application PM-Only? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Arena Application PM-Only? Right_bar_bleue

Reputation : 23
Activity Points : 764
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Character sheet
RPG field: 1

Arena Application PM-Only? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arena Application PM-Only?   Arena Application PM-Only? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 2:05 am

-careful thinking-
rawr fine =P
delete the forum i say, but say in the instructions that if they have any questions to post in the questions forum with the tag [APPLICATION].
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Arena Application PM-Only? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arena Application PM-Only?   Arena Application PM-Only? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Arena Application PM-Only?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» My Own Flash Based Arena Game
» Quinox 4.abk (ARENA CHESS BOOK)
» Arena Book: Lange_2011. Author: Evgeny Timoshchuk (Russia, Moskva)
» Arena Tournament Problem
» Hash booster in Arena 3.0

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Final Story  :: Site :: Site Discussion-
Jump to: