Final Story
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Who is online?
In total there are 32 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 32 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 196 on Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:07 am
Discord

To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
speedycop
Spammer
Spammer
speedycop

Male Posts : 1428
Moderator Points :
To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing Left_bar_bleue21 / 10021 / 100To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :
To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing Left_bar_bleue16 / 10016 / 100To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing Right_bar_bleue

Activity Points : 810
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Character sheet
RPG field: 1

To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing Empty
PostSubject: To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing   To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 3:52 pm

Pretty simple. Just lock threads with no new posts for 1 month. If there are no new posts but it hasn't been 1 month since the last post it's not dead. If the thread creator wants it unlocked contact an admin or mod. Is this so hard F3 ?

Last edited by speedycop on Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tacticsrule
Hyper Member
Hyper Member
Tacticsrule

Male Posts : 988
Moderator Points :
To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :
To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing Right_bar_bleue

Activity Points : 764
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing   To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 3:57 pm

Seems like a good idea, yes. But what if it's a good thread but the creator has turned reallly inactive?
Not only that, but based on the amount of regularly active people here on the forum, threads will just be getting locked like crazy w/o much discussion.
Back to top Go down
Metawe
Spammer
Spammer
Metawe

Male Posts : 3662
Moderator Points :
To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :
To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing Right_bar_bleue

Activity Points : 2811
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing   To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 4:35 pm

It's a good idea but they can contact a mod to unlock it too, (Yesh, we has that powah also)
But first we need an official thread/post about it on the rules thread, so let's just wait for Churroz/Zeru/Antlan to said yes...

Also I think I'm the most active of the mods/admins (I go on Final story like every hour or 2 :P)
Back to top Go down
speedycop
Spammer
Spammer
speedycop

Moderator Points :
To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing Left_bar_bleue21 / 10021 / 100To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :
To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing Left_bar_bleue16 / 10016 / 100To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing Right_bar_bleue

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing   To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 5:17 pm

Ohh oops forgot to add mods :)
Back to top Go down
Metawe
Spammer
Spammer
Metawe

Male Posts : 3662
Moderator Points :

Warning Points :
To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing Right_bar_bleue

Activity Points : 2811
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing   To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 5:31 pm

How could you forget about me (meanie xD)

On topic: maybe not just the TS, because on the Grandchase thread, He already left the forums so... yeah...
So just anyone who wants to post can request to unlock but it must at least convincing enough to do it
Back to top Go down
speedycop
Spammer
Spammer
speedycop

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing   To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 6:06 pm

Yeah something like that :).
Back to top Go down
Shiro
Spammer
Spammer
Shiro

Female Posts : 2081
Moderator Points :
To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :
To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing Right_bar_bleue

Activity Points : 2005
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing   To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 6:19 pm

thats really a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Hyper Member
Hyper Member

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Activity Points : -16
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Character sheet
RPG field:

PostSubject: Re: To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing   To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 8:04 pm

I don't think so. I mean in some cases it really is fine. If somebody posts on a guide that is still up to date asking a relevant question is technically fine. Reviving in the chat section is generally not as bad because well, it's the chat section. The things that aren't good are when people make a comment that is no longer relevant because whatever they're talking about is so old, or they make a completely useless post. (ie. like Shadow posted "it's a good idea" 2 time, like posting "thanks" in an old guide and like having to have the last say and posting an almost identical answer in a questions thread)

EDIT: For example posting in the IM thread isn't that bad because it's simply an archive of IMs which cuold continue to be useful regardless of the date, but making 3 posts debating the post that bumped it up is xD
Back to top Go down
speedycop
Spammer
Spammer
speedycop

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing   To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 8:39 pm

Well I mean some of us have been freaking out over the whole bumping something "old" sooo yeah lol o,o.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing   To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To stop the whole reviving dead threads thing
Page 1 of 1