Final Story
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Who is online?
In total there are 69 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 69 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 196 on Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:07 am
Discord

I want to make a game. Help?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
joey7
joey7

Male Posts : 277
Moderator Points :
I want to make a game. Help? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100I want to make a game. Help? Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :
I want to make a game. Help? Left_bar_bleue16 / 10016 / 100I want to make a game. Help? Right_bar_bleue

Activity Points : 160
Registration date : 2008-07-21

I want to make a game. Help? Empty
PostSubject: I want to make a game. Help?   I want to make a game. Help? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 5:46 pm

Anyways. I want to make a game. Teachers, pl0x? Btw, the other games and stuff posted in this account, I think it was Joey. Or Hideki. But now this is my account, so forget about it. Teachers pl0x0r.
Back to top Go down
speedycop
Spammer
Spammer
speedycop

Male Posts : 1428
Moderator Points :
I want to make a game. Help? Left_bar_bleue21 / 10021 / 100I want to make a game. Help? Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :
I want to make a game. Help? Left_bar_bleue16 / 10016 / 100I want to make a game. Help? Right_bar_bleue

Activity Points : 810
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Character sheet
RPG field: 1

PostSubject: Re: I want to make a game. Help?   I want to make a game. Help? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 6:59 pm

You would prolly wanna ask zeru or metawe o.o.
Back to top Go down
Tacticsrule
Hyper Member
Hyper Member
Tacticsrule

Male Posts : 988
Moderator Points :
I want to make a game. Help? Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100I want to make a game. Help? Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :
I want to make a game. Help? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100I want to make a game. Help? Right_bar_bleue

Activity Points : 764
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I want to make a game. Help?   I want to make a game. Help? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 7:40 pm

If u can get a hold of him, i'd recommend Antlan as well.
Back to top Go down
speedycop
Spammer
Spammer
speedycop

Male Posts : 1428
Moderator Points :
I want to make a game. Help? Left_bar_bleue21 / 10021 / 100I want to make a game. Help? Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :

Activity Points : 810
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I want to make a game. Help?   I want to make a game. Help? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 8:36 pm

Tacticsrule wrote:

Haven't seen Antlan around much :(.
Back to top Go down
myfantasy
Spammer
Spammer
myfantasy

Male Posts : 7576
Moderator Points :
I want to make a game. Help? Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100I want to make a game. Help? Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :
I want to make a game. Help? Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100I want to make a game. Help? Right_bar_bleue

Activity Points : 7888

Character sheet
RPG field: plǝıɟ ƃdɹ

PostSubject: Re: I want to make a game. Help?   I want to make a game. Help? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 10:00 pm

speedycop wrote:
Tacticsrule wrote:

Haven't seen Antlan around much :(.

lol i see antlan on msn sometimes. Got his msn when I was playin pservers
Back to top Go down
Metawe
Spammer
Spammer
Metawe

Male Posts : 3662
Moderator Points :

Warning Points :
I want to make a game. Help? Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100I want to make a game. Help? Right_bar_bleue

Activity Points : 2811
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I want to make a game. Help?   I want to make a game. Help? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 10:39 pm

It's pretty simple actually, the main two rpg makers (xp, vx) have their pros and cons but they're pretty much the same. I'd recommend reading some basic stuff on how to event, create and modify things. RPG Makers have their limits of course but you can make a decent game with it...

The first thing to do when starting an RPG is make the starting point of a storyline (since it's one of the strong points of most rpgs, and I consider it the most important). It might just be me but I like to center the stories around the characters on specific ways not like a general plot. If you've ever seen one piece each character has a special (mostly sad) background story which is a reason I love that anime... I plan to do something similar.

The next thing I did was make the entire database I plan to use. It might be boring but it helps a lot when you're inspired on mapping, eventing or cut-scenes but then you have to go to the database and create each item separately and when you go back you just lost the same inspiration. Also with it you can make the difficulty curve with regular monsters, bosses and relative damage (some people like huge numbers)

The last step is the actual making of it; mapping, eventing, cutscenes, etc. which most people find the most entertaining to do.

And that's the way I make(am making) rpgs :D
Back to top Go down
myfantasy
Spammer
Spammer
myfantasy

Male Posts : 7576
Moderator Points :

Warning Points :
I want to make a game. Help? Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100I want to make a game. Help? Right_bar_bleue

Activity Points : 7888

Character sheet
RPG field: plǝıɟ ƃdɹ

PostSubject: Re: I want to make a game. Help?   I want to make a game. Help? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 11:28 pm

metawe wrote:
It's pretty simple actually, the main two rpg makers (xp, vx) have their pros and cons but they're pretty much the same. I'd recommend reading some basic stuff on how to event, create and modify things. RPG Makers have their limits of course but you can make a decent game with it...

The first thing to do when starting an RPG is make the starting point of a storyline (since it's one of the strong points of most rpgs, and I consider it the most important). It might just be me but I like to center the stories around the characters on specific ways not like a general plot. If you've ever seen one piece each character has a special (mostly sad) background story which is a reason I love that anime... I plan to do something similar.

The next thing I did was make the entire database I plan to use. It might be boring but it helps a lot when you're inspired on mapping, eventing or cut-scenes but then you have to go to the database and create each item separately and when you go back you just lost the same inspiration. Also with it you can make the difficulty curve with regular monsters, bosses and relative damage (some people like huge numbers)

The last step is the actual making of it; mapping, eventing, cutscenes, etc. which most people find the most entertaining to do.

And that's the way I make(am making) rpgs :D
wall of text, but super pro

EDIT : yay 500 posts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I want to make a game. Help?   I want to make a game. Help? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I want to make a game. Help?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Final Story  :: Off Topic :: Other Games-
Jump to: