Final Story
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Who is online?
In total there are 65 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 65 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 196 on Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:07 am
Discord

Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling

Go down 
+3
myfantasy
maxiko099
NeoFrost
7 posters
AuthorMessage
NeoFrost
NeoFrost

Male Posts : 1595
Moderator Points :
Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Left_bar_bleue99 / 10099 / 100Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :
Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Right_bar_bleue

Activity Points : 1809
Registration date : 2009-10-28

Character sheet
RPG field: 6.0221412927×10^23

Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Empty
PostSubject: Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling   Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 6:45 am

Since the old thread is dead, let's make a new one!

Yu-Gi-Oh. It's a card game. Yep. Instead of busting our wallets for cards and a plane ticket so we can duel in real life, we opt for this. (fun fact: BLS - Envoy is 42$ on Amazon)

It's fun. We like to play fun games. Therefore, we play this.

Alright, enough of these short sentences, let's get to the actual point of this thread.

If you want to play with us, send any of the forumers in the LandOFS Hamachi room a PM (For reference, that's me, Zeru, myfantasy, TheViper, and Before).
Or catch us on the chatbox.

Now let's begin with the program:

Program

This program is called YGOPro. It is mainly programmed by Flourohydride, and it is translated by Percival18. It has a myriad of scripts for each and every Yu-Gi-Oh card, so you don't have to do all the thinking: the program does it for you.
You will need at least 250-ish Megabytes of free space on your hard drive, along with a decent processor (doesn't have to be high-end or overclocked, just DECENT) and something at least Windows XP+ (haven't been tested on Windows 95/98/ME/2000, but anybody who's still running those ought to upgrade anyways...)
Not tested on MacOS X or Linux either. Try this: http://www.winehq.org/

Now for the program itself. You must have WinRAR or a similar extractor. Things that will work include: IZArc, WinZIP, Universal Extractor, 7Zip, I could go on...
http://percival18.blogspot.com/ That is Percival's main page. I'll directly link the latest versions here:

https://hotfile.com/dl/169294667/f76a044/ygopro-English-1.02D.0-Percy-full.7z.html

That is version 1.02D.0 because Viper and Darren are a pair of old grannies and nagged me about it.

If you don't know how to extract an archive...

Right click on the archive, click extract to "(FILENAME)" (this will automatically create a new folder) and done.
If that's not concise enough, just read my guide on how to download/install FS. It's the same process: https://finalstory.activoforo.com/t2616-how-to-install-run-final-story-i-and-ii

The file you want to run is ygopro_vs_beta.exe

CONNECTING

Connecting to us will be no issue, as I'll walk you through it now.
If myfantasy or Zeru is hosting, you don't need to do anything. They will give you their IPs. You will then go to "Multiplayer" (the first option in the YGOPro menu) -> The "LAN" tab, then paste their IP into the HostIP box, and join.
...Make sure you make a deck first. Obviously, you can't duel without a deck. Just about every card in existence is in here, so do whatever you want. The Deck Editor should be self-explanatory.

If it's seriously not, scroll down for a deck constructing guide (not really.)

Now, if neither myfantasy or Zeru is hosting, you will need to use a program called Hamachi. You may download it Here

Just choose "Unmanaged Mode"; making an account is too much hassle.

Once you have Hamachi, you have to join a room. The LandOFS room is normally full, but if it's not, here are the details:

Room Name: LandOFS
Password: fdsa

If it's full, then go onto the Final Story homepage and go into the chatbox. We'll make new rooms for people. (PM one of us first, though.)

To join a room, click "Network" -> "Join an Existing Network"
It's that simple. When you join, right-click on the room name and click "Open Chatbox" to start talking to us.

Now, Hamachi has a new set of IPs. In order to join somebody's room, they will normally say "Hosting." After that, right-click on their names and click "Copy Ipv4 Address," then paste that into the "HostIP" of YGOPro.

Here's a quick screenshot on what to do:
Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling 8-12-20125-00-20AM

Click that for the hoster (assuming myfantasy is hosting), and paste that into the HostIP box of YGOPro.

Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling 600000b1e9f3911e7cc3695ecec60811

And click "Join," then done!

REMEMBER, IF ZERU OR MYFANTASY IS HOSTING, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DO THIS. (Yes, I know it was a horrible example to copy myfantasy's IP for this.)

THE RULES
Oh man, here's the part I dreaded most. Let's start with the basics. Skip this if you know how to play Yu-Gi-Oh.

The Field:
Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling 8-12-20125-11-42AM

A: Your hand.
B: Your deck.
C: The "Banished Zone"
D: The "Graveyard"
E: The "Field Spell Zone"
F: The "Extra Deck"

A: Your hand.

You draw 5 cards at the beginning of the game (done for you) and during each "Draw Phase" (more on this later) you draw 1 card.
You can play cards from your hand. Obviously.

B: Your deck.
Your deck must have a minimum of 40 cards and a maximum of 60. That is all.

C: The "Banished Zone"
Unlike its name implies, you can retrieve monsters from the banished zone. However, some effects won't activate there, while others will. More on this later.

D: The "Graveyard"
When a Normal Spell or any Trap is used, or a monster is destroyed, they are sent here.

E: The "Field Spell Zone"
When a "Field Spell" is activated, it is placed here. More on spell types later.

F: The "Extra Deck"
This is where Synchro, Fusion, and Xyz monsters are. More on this later. So long as the summoning condition is met, these may be summoned at any time.

The Phases:

There are a total of six phases in a turn.

Draw Phase: You draw a card. Some (but not a lot) of effects activate here.

Standby Phase: You do nothing. Some (but not a lot) of effects activate (or can activate) here.

Main Phase 1: You can activate Spells. You can Normal Summon a monster once, or Set a monster. You may Synchro, Xyz, Fusion, or any other Special Summon in this turn. You can set Traps.

Battle Phase: Monsters you have on the field may attack your opponent or his/her monsters.

Main Phase 2: You may only go into the Main Phase 2 if you have entered the Battle Phase. That is why I can't jump from M1 to M2 in the screenshot above. You may Normal Summon or Set (ONLY IF YOU HAVE NOT NORMAL SUMMONED OR SET IN M1), or Special Summon (this includes Synchro, Xyz, Fusion) a monster.

End Phase: Your turn ends. Some effects activate here, but not many.

The Monsters:

There are a total of six types of monster cards (seven if you count tuners, eight if you count Gemini, and nine if you count Union) in this game. I'll give you a quick rundown of them all.

Normal Monsters:
They have vanilla-colored backings (thus their common metagame name, "Vanilla" monsters) and have flavor text as their description.

Effect Monsters:
They have orange-colored backings, and have effects associated with them. Monster effects are too myriad for me to put in a single thread, so read more at http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Effect_Monster . Basically, they do something more than just sit on the field and bash things.

Fusion Monsters:
They may only be Special Summoned. They are purple. A fusion summon is conducted using Fusion Material Monsters (listed on the fusion monster) and a card that allows fusion summoning (Polymerization, Super Polymerization, Fusion Gate, Parallel World Fusion, etc. etc. etc. there are tons). They can also be Effect monsters as well.

Synchro Monsters:
They may only be Special Summoned. They are white. A synchro summon is conducted using 1 tuner monster and (1-2 or more) non-tuner monsters. Their levels must add up to the level of the synchro monster. A lot of them are also Effect monsters as well. The requirements to synchro summon vary from monster to monster, so read that before trying anything. (i.e. Shooting Quasar requires 2 or more non-tuner Synchro monsters, Stardust Dragon requires 1 tuner and 1 or more non-tuners, Junk Warrior requires Junk Synchron, etc)

Xyz Monsters:
They may only be Special Summoned. They are black. An Xyz summon is conducted using 2-3 monsters of the same level, then "Overlaying" them (putting them on top of each other) to Xyz summon a monster of that rank. i.e. (Two Tour Guide of the Underworld (level 3) Xyz summons Wind-Up Zenmaines (rank 3)). Xyz monsters are not considered to have a level, and thus are unaffected by a card that affects level.

Ritual Monsters:
These are the freak misfits. They're not easy to summon, but can, note the word CAN be very powerful. They are blue. A Ritual Summon is conducted using a Ritual Spell card (noted by the little flame next to the Spell Card text) and following the instructions on there while having a Ritual Monster in your hand.

Level:

Level is an important aspect in Yu-Gi-Oh. They range from 1-12. I'll give you the most important numbers.

Monsters levels 1-4 do not require a tribute and may be Normal Summoned immediately.

Monsters levels 5-6 require 1 tribute to be summoned (more on this later.)

Monsters level 7+ require 2 tributes to be summoned.

Types of Summoning:

Normal Summon:
Done during the M1 or M2, you slap a monster onto the field. That's it. Once per turn, unless a card lets you do more.

Tribute Summon: (A TYPE OF NORMAL SUMMON):
You send a monster to the graveyard to get out a bigger monster. Costs are listed above.

Special Summon: This is the most important aspect of the game. You can Special Summon as many cards as you want in one turn, but few cards let you do so freely. This is the reason combos exist. This is the reason we aren't playing like the Season 1 Anime people. Ritual, Xyz, Synchro, and Fusion summons are all special summons.

Spell Cards: These things are green. I forgot to talk about the Spell and Trap zones in my above screenshot, so I'll do that now. See how that field has 10 squares? The front ten are for monsters, the back ten are for Spells and Traps.
Spell Cards can be activated during the M1 and M2. If you have a Quick Play spell card, however (denoted by a lightning bolt) you can use that during your opponent's turn by setting it.
More on those things here: yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Spell_Card

Trap Cards: These things are pink. They have to be set before they can used, meaning you can't activate one from the hand, nor activate one the same turn you set it. You can set them during the M1 or M2.
More on those here: yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Trap_Card

This is what you need to know for the basics. Other things don't matter, unless you plan on delving deeper in the game. In that case, any of us would be happy to answer the questions you have.

So if you feel like it, come on down and get your game on! (So cheesy, bleh.)

Last edited by NeoFrost on Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
maxiko099
Hyper Member
Hyper Member
maxiko099

Male Posts : 752
Moderator Points :
Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :
Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Right_bar_bleue

Activity Points : 958
Registration date : 2010-06-14

Character sheet
RPG field: 1

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling   Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 7:20 am

final fantasy 0
pass: asdf

NeoFrost wrote:

Level:

Level is an important aspect in Yu-Gi-Oh. They range from 1-12. I'll give you the most important numbers.

Monsters levels 1-4 do not require a tribute and may be Normal Summoned immediately.

Monsters levels 5-6 require 1 tribute to be summoned (more on this later.)

Monsters level 7+ require 2 tributes to be summoned.

Types of Summoning:

Normal Summon:
Done during the M1 or M2, you slap a monster onto the field. That's it. Once per turn, unless a card lets you do more.

Tribute Summon: (A TYPE OF NORMAL SUMMON):
You send a monster to the graveyard to get out a bigger monster. Costs are listed above.

Special Summon: This is the most important aspect of the game. You can Special Summon as many cards as you want in one turn, but few cards let you do so freely. This is the reason combos exist. This is the reason we aren't playing like the Season 1 Anime people. Ritual, Xyz, Synchro, and Fusion summons are all special summons.

PFFF...

not for me

Red eyes darkness metal dragon SS prime material GG

SS lightpulsar dragon activate dark hole i still get back me red eyes
Back to top Go down
myfantasy
Spammer
Spammer
myfantasy

Male Posts : 7576
Moderator Points :
Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :
Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Right_bar_bleue

Activity Points : 7888
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Character sheet
RPG field: plǝıɟ ƃdɹ

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling   Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 10:13 am

TOPIC: TL;DR

jk I saw what neo said about me >:(
almost couldn't see the green arrows since the light is shining in my eyes right now.

annnnnnnnnnnnnd you can also join "Automatic Dueling System 2" for random duels.
Back to top Go down
Before
Spammer
Spammer
Before

Male Posts : 4684
Location : Everywhere, watching. In the stars. At the forests. Home. <3
Moderator Points :
Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Left_bar_bleue36 / 10036 / 100Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :

Activity Points : 5085
Registration date : 2009-12-05

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling   Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 6:05 pm

Neo. Too much text.
More pictures will help. LOOL

Try to avoid red.
Back to top Go down
NeoFrost
NeoFrost

Male Posts : 1595
Moderator Points :
Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Left_bar_bleue99 / 10099 / 100Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :

Activity Points : 1809
Registration date : 2009-10-28

Character sheet
RPG field: 6.0221412927×10^23

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling   Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 10:20 pm

Before wrote:
Neo. Too much text.

Try to avoid red.

No thanks. If you want it different, do it yourself. D:<
Back to top Go down
TheViper
Hyper Member
Hyper Member
TheViper

Male Posts : 958
Moderator Points :
Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Left_bar_bleue7 / 1007 / 100Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :

Activity Points : 1031
Registration date : 2009-10-11

Character sheet
RPG field: 1.0x10^-14=Ka*Kb

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling   Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 12:17 am

NeoFrost wrote:
Before wrote:
Neo. Too much text.

Try to avoid red.

Love that you're dueling yourself. :)
Back to top Go down
myfantasy
Spammer
Spammer
myfantasy

Moderator Points :
Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :
Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Right_bar_bleue

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling   Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 1:12 am

TheViper wrote:
NeoFrost wrote:
Before wrote:
Neo. Too much text.

Try to avoid red.

Love that you're dueling yourself. :)

He got his swag on.
I guess its one way to test? kinda laggy though and you know all the FDs.
Back to top Go down
FinalDueler
Spammer
Spammer
FinalDueler

Male Posts : 1044
Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Activity Points : 1107
Registration date : 2012-05-13

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling   Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 1:11 pm

well i couldnt make it play automatically but still thats ok i like to think by myself :)
Back to top Go down
myfantasy
Spammer
Spammer
myfantasy

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling   Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 1:41 pm

Well.. That wasn't what was automatic in the first place xD
Back to top Go down
FinalDueler
Spammer
Spammer
FinalDueler

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling   Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 2:59 pm

well good to hear that :D

EDIT:also i have noticed you dont have the latest version the latest one now is 1.02c.0.
Back to top Go down
myfantasy
Spammer
Spammer
myfantasy

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling   Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 12:34 am

^ this
update main topic plox
Back to top Go down
FinalDueler
Spammer
Spammer
FinalDueler

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling   Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:05 am

also me and dfuzz are having a problem we cant connect to play anymore :( we did everything hamachi is opened but still no games are listed
Back to top Go down
myfantasy
Spammer
Spammer
myfantasy

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling   Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 12:04 pm

For the newer version you have to click the LAN tab at the top when you click multiplayer.
Then you can join someone's ip on hamachi

Because since the 4th beta from 1.02b.1 it was set to show their servers but the LAN option is still there.
Back to top Go down
Zeru
Administrator
Administrator
Zeru

Moderator Points :
Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :

Activity Points : 3068
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling   Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 12:19 pm

Our hamachi rooms are full we should open some other rooms or try to use the chatbox?
Back to top Go down
https://finalstory.activoforo.com
myfantasy
Spammer
Spammer
myfantasy

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling   Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 1:52 pm

well I have two slots in my serv "Flapjack11" pass is asdf.
Back to top Go down
maxiko099
Hyper Member
Hyper Member
maxiko099

Male Posts : 752
Moderator Points :

Warning Points :
Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Right_bar_bleue

Activity Points : 958
Registration date : 2010-06-14

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling   Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 10:19 am

i have one

Final fantasy 0

pass:asdf
Back to top Go down
TheViper
Hyper Member
Hyper Member
TheViper

Male Posts : 958
Moderator Points :
Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Left_bar_bleue7 / 1007 / 100Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :

Activity Points : 1031
Registration date : 2009-10-11

Character sheet
RPG field: 1.0x10^-14=Ka*Kb

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling   Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 12:09 am

Bump for D version
Back to top Go down
myfantasy
Spammer
Spammer
myfantasy

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling   Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 1:04 am

Needs to be updated more often :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling   Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yu-Gi-Oh Online Automatic Dueling
Page 1 of 1