Final Story
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 196 on Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:07 am
Discord

FSI - Killing Zure First Fight

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
klkl123

Moderator Points :
FSI - Killing Zure First Fight Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100FSI - Killing Zure First Fight Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :
FSI - Killing Zure First Fight Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100FSI - Killing Zure First Fight Right_bar_bleue

Activity Points : 39
Registration date : 2009-10-15

FSI - Killing Zure First Fight Empty
PostSubject: FSI - Killing Zure First Fight   FSI - Killing Zure First Fight Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2018 11:31 am

I decided to replay the game before moving onto FSII since I never beat that. Figured I'd try something difficult. Before the final battle with Zure, you're supposed to lose to him once but I thought I'd try to beat this version too.

Leveled my party to 65 each. Each has Divine Armor, Circlet, Sharenian Shields and Final Weapons upgraded twice.

Slash Blast still 1-shots my team at 2k+ damage but Darkness does 1-1.2k which all of my party lives barely. One full rotation of 7 Dragon SR Spells does almost 50% of Zure's health.

My strategy was to spend 1 full rotation of SR skills, get hit by Darkness to up my SR back to 75%+ and then do a second rotation and hope the numbers roll well enough in both rotations to kill him. From there, the swords are easy.

What actually happened: 1 full rotation brings him to almost half. He does a regular attack and knocks out Royke. I Final Strike with Zeru, Pheonix Feather Royke with Serene and Tuna Soup to full heal the party with Antlan. He uses Darkness and my party all goes low. A second rotation of final weapon SRs was enough to take out Zure. From there it was easy.

FSI - Killing Zure First Fight Zure110
FSI - Killing Zure First Fight Zure210
FSI - Killing Zure First Fight Zure310FSI - Killing Zure First Fight Zure410
FSI - Killing Zure First Fight Zure510

As you can see in the end, the story doesn't progress unless you lose but you get exp and money at least. (Unlike Drena in FSII apparently. I actually didn't even remember or see my old post until I was just making this one.)

FSI - Killing Zure First Fight Zure511

For proof that I beat the first Zure fight and not the second one you're supposed to beat. (Compare the HP, MP and SR to the screen where I beat him. See that I'm able to fight him again after.)

The actual fight after became a joke. Darkness did single digit damage to my party.

FSI - Killing Zure First Fight Zure610

Back to top Go down
Zeru
Administrator
Administrator
Zeru

Moderator Points :
FSI - Killing Zure First Fight Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100FSI - Killing Zure First Fight Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :

Activity Points : 3068
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Character sheet
RPG field: 1

PostSubject: Re: FSI - Killing Zure First Fight   FSI - Killing Zure First Fight Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2018 11:52 pm

Whoah nice, I didn't expect someone to pull that off. And that is around nearly 9 years after FSI was released :sweats: I wonder if it's possible to pull that off in "impossible" to defeat bosses in FSII (One being Drena the one I remember right now), FSIII and FD.
Back to top Go down
https://finalstory.activoforo.com
klkl123

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

PostSubject: Re: FSI - Killing Zure First Fight   FSI - Killing Zure First Fight Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2018 2:56 am

The other possible impossible fights are the first Zure encounter which may be doable since he only uses 99 Slashes of the Dark Dragon if I remember correctly. You probably would just spam Phoenix Feathers and never get wiped since he only kills 1 of your party every turn. I don't remember if you're able to do significant damage to him though. I suppose if you trained your party high enough. Your weapons would be significantly weaker though since the final weapons haven't been unlocked yet.

I think the second impossible fight at the end where Xeru comes in after the first impossible fight is probably not doable though because it's the same fight as the first that just beat but you can't 2-shot Zure with only Xeru.

Though since you mention it, I might try stuff like this again in my FSII run. I already beat Drena once in my past post apparently even though I was using some sorta glitch or something. I don't remember exactly. Currently trying to find the Toy Sword before transfering files. Trying to complete all content before I move on. (Unlocked all skills and gathered extra gear for the transfer.. etc)

Edit: WOA WHAT. I swear I checked this place before. Is the Toy Sword not obtainable before post-game? I was considering trying to find it to see if it'd help beat Zure "impossible" mode but I ended up giving up and beating him without it anyway.

FSI - Killing Zure First Fight Zure611

Also random question, what was supposed to be #8 in the Monster Book? (Since it skips from 7 to 9)
Back to top Go down
Zeru
Administrator
Administrator
Zeru

Moderator Points :
FSI - Killing Zure First Fight Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100FSI - Killing Zure First Fight Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: FSI - Killing Zure First Fight   FSI - Killing Zure First Fight Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2018 8:42 pm

From what I see from my old dev files there's no requirement for the Toy Sword. You can get it when you get in to the room.

As for the monster book #8 the monster is the Nocturnal Snail. In which I'm not sure if there's actually an enemy encounter of that mob in the actual game.
Back to top Go down
klkl123

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

PostSubject: Re: FSI - Killing Zure First Fight   FSI - Killing Zure First Fight Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2018 12:23 pm

Oh I meant as in you can't actually enter Zeru's House until post-game. I tried loading up a save file from earlier and checking the same spot. Doesn't work.
Back to top Go down
Zeru
Administrator
Administrator
Zeru

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: FSI - Killing Zure First Fight   FSI - Killing Zure First Fight Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2018 9:00 pm

Yeah, you need to clear the game with the good ending first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FSI - Killing Zure First Fight   FSI - Killing Zure First Fight Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FSI - Killing Zure First Fight
Page 1 of 1