Final Story
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Who is online?
In total there are 78 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 78 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 196 on Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:07 am
Discord

Possible skill advancement bug (FS2 v0.29)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kittyfox

Female Posts : 24
Moderator Points :
Possible skill advancement bug (FS2 v0.29) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Possible skill advancement bug (FS2 v0.29) Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :
Possible skill advancement bug (FS2 v0.29) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Possible skill advancement bug (FS2 v0.29) Right_bar_bleue

Activity Points : 36
Registration date : 2011-01-31

Possible skill advancement bug (FS2 v0.29) Empty
PostSubject: Possible skill advancement bug (FS2 v0.29)   Possible skill advancement bug (FS2 v0.29) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 8:08 am

The first time I played, Lenna used Double Shot 25 times to unlock Triple Shot, and Triple Shot 50 times to unlock Wild Shot, which I assumed to be normal. After a discussion about Hakura's Somersault Kick tree, I decided to experiment with the Double/Triple/Wild Shot tree:

After using Triple Shot 49 times, I used a Double Shot to see if Wild Shot required 75 uses of the whole tree, or specifically 50 uses of Triple Shot. Not only didn't the 26th (or 27th) Double Shot unlock Wild Shot, but after using it, neither did the 50th, 51st, or 52nd use of Triple Shot.

I suspect this may be related to the bug that another player encountered with Hakura's Somersault Kick tree, in which if you go over the required number of uses without getting the skill due to unusual conditions, the skill is never awarded.

~~~~

EDIT: On further investigation, I think I may have discovered the source of the bug. It would appear that for skills that require a threshold number of uses within a tree (for example, Somersault Kick/2/3, or Double/Triple/Wild Shot), the usage count is incremented when you use any skill in the tree, but only checks for advancement when you use the highest available skill.

So, if you have Double Shot and Triple Shot available, using either will increment the usage count, but if you use Double Shot it's not checking if you've used enough to unlock Wild Shot. If your 75th use on the tree is a Double Shot instead of a Triple Shot, it doesn't check to unlock Wild Shot, and then if you use a Triple Shot, it sees it as #76 instead of #75, and still doesn't unlock the new skill.

I could be wrong, since I haven't seen the code itself, but that's what all of my experiments seem to be indicating. Hopefully this information is helpful.

Thanks again for a wonderful game, Zeru!

Last edited by Kittyfox on Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Providing Additional Information)
Back to top Go down
Kittyfox

Female Posts : 24
Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Activity Points : 36
Registration date : 2011-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Possible skill advancement bug (FS2 v0.29)   Possible skill advancement bug (FS2 v0.29) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 10:33 am

In an unrelated minor bug, the dialogue when first meeting Zeika has a stray "face[zure]" text in the dialogue. I'd include a screnshot if I knew how to do it in this forum software, but I can't figure it out.
Back to top Go down
Zeru
Administrator
Administrator
Zeru

Moderator Points :
Possible skill advancement bug (FS2 v0.29) Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Possible skill advancement bug (FS2 v0.29) Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :

Activity Points : 3068
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Character sheet
RPG field: 1

PostSubject: Re: Possible skill advancement bug (FS2 v0.29)   Possible skill advancement bug (FS2 v0.29) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 4:58 pm

Thanks for the report, already have the issue solved for 0.30 since another user already reported the bug.
I also just fixed the Zure face thing.
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
https://finalstory.activoforo.com
myfantasy
Spammer
Spammer
myfantasy

Male Posts : 7576
Moderator Points :
Possible skill advancement bug (FS2 v0.29) Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Possible skill advancement bug (FS2 v0.29) Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :
Possible skill advancement bug (FS2 v0.29) Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100Possible skill advancement bug (FS2 v0.29) Right_bar_bleue

Activity Points : 7888
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Character sheet
RPG field: plǝıɟ ƃdɹ

PostSubject: Re: Possible skill advancement bug (FS2 v0.29)   Possible skill advancement bug (FS2 v0.29) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Kittyfox wrote:
In an unrelated minor bug, the dialogue when first meeting Zeika has a stray "face[zure]" text in the dialogue. I'd include a screnshot if I knew how to do it in this forum software, but I can't figure it out.

for future reference, to upload a screenshot just upload it to a free hosting picture site
like photobucket.com or imageshack.us and then take the direct link to the actual picture
and put it in piclinkhere turn < and > to [ and ]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible skill advancement bug (FS2 v0.29)   Possible skill advancement bug (FS2 v0.29) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possible skill advancement bug (FS2 v0.29)
Page 1 of 1