Final Story
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Who is online?
In total there are 88 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 88 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 196 on Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:07 am
Discord

FSIII Charles Battle

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
detergeant2
detergeant2

Male Posts : 436
Moderator Points :
FSIII Charles Battle Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100FSIII Charles Battle Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :
FSIII Charles Battle Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100FSIII Charles Battle Right_bar_bleue

Activity Points : 517
Registration date : 2011-07-29

FSIII Charles Battle Empty
PostSubject: FSIII Charles Battle   FSIII Charles Battle Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 2:41 am

Is there any tips for beating him besides grinding my way up? All of my chars are in the level 43-44 range.
Back to top Go down
Nova
Nova

Male Posts : 54
Moderator Points :
FSIII Charles Battle Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100FSIII Charles Battle Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :

Activity Points : 56
Registration date : 2016-01-11

Character sheet
RPG field: 1

PostSubject: Re: FSIII Charles Battle   FSIII Charles Battle Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 5:48 am

Which one is Charles again ? It's been a while since I last finished FSIII
Back to top Go down
Nova
Nova

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: FSIII Charles Battle   FSIII Charles Battle Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 6:05 am

I had to load my old save file just to make sure who he is.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
detergeant2
detergeant2

Male Posts : 436
Moderator Points :
FSIII Charles Battle Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100FSIII Charles Battle Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :

Activity Points : 517
Registration date : 2011-07-29

PostSubject: Re: FSIII Charles Battle   FSIII Charles Battle Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 12:02 pm

Thanks! I'll definitely give your strategy a shot. Grinding there is really mindless though, and it doesn't give me all that much exp...

EDIT:
I've tried out your strategy and a few other ones, and I'm still unable to beat this boss. My characters are now leveled to the 46-48 range, and my jobs are as follows: Zeto - Soul Paladin, Klaire - Soul Gladiator, Ethan - Soul Summoner, Aria - Soul Cleric. My typical attempt at killing Charles goes something like this:
(Before soul react is available)
Zeto uses Provoke then the highest damage single target skill
Klaire uses Spirit Break Second

Ethan summons Heal and Support Relic; Heal Relic is there to heal in the case of Aria having to use Lightning Aura, or if we all get slowed then he uses Relic Area Refresh; Support Relic is providing me with defense buffs. The problem with these two is that they die really fast to the single target ability that Charles uses.
I opt out of using the Ice Relic because Charles resists Ice, and he doesn't provide any meaningful utility.
Ethan also uses the mana recover soul rage skill when all my characters run out of mana

Aria is also on heal duty, but uses bless+ on the first turn.

After Charles starts using the charge skills, I end up using almost every turn available on keeping the auras up or healing/reviving teammates. My relics die REALLY fast, and they unfortunately don't come back. In theory I could hold on forever if Charles only had attack abilities. But his MP drain basically destroys any chance that I have of killing him. He uses it once, and Zeto and Klaire lose at LEAST a turn. Luckily, Ethan can still use SR. But any time after that, if I run out of MP its over. And it happens a lot. Charles' slow/haste also destroys me, because I have even less turns available to hit back at him or keep up with his other nasty abilities.

My questions are: Am I doing anything critically wrong? Am I sorely underleveled? Did I choose the wrong combination of classes to take on this boss fight?

Last edited by detergeant2 on Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more info)
Back to top Go down
Nova
Nova

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: FSIII Charles Battle   FSIII Charles Battle Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 12:25 am

Grinding has always been mindless after a while , especially when you grind on the later parts of the game. Just grind around the crystal so you have free exp with free heals every time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FSIII Charles Battle   FSIII Charles Battle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FSIII Charles Battle
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Final Story  :: Other games and general discussion :: Questions & Help-
Jump to: