Final Story
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Who is online?
In total there are 78 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 78 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 196 on Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:07 am
Discord

The RGSS Player has stopped working

Go down 
+2
Kittyfox
BoyToy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BoyToy

Moderator Points :
The RGSS Player has stopped working Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The RGSS Player has stopped working Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :
The RGSS Player has stopped working Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The RGSS Player has stopped working Right_bar_bleue

Activity Points : 13
Registration date : 2011-03-13

The RGSS Player has stopped working Empty
PostSubject: The RGSS Player has stopped working   The RGSS Player has stopped working Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 11:19 pm

I get this error when I try to open the Final Story Game. Any words of advice or help? F5
Back to top Go down
Kittyfox

Female Posts : 24
Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Activity Points : 36
Registration date : 2011-01-31

PostSubject: Re: The RGSS Player has stopped working   The RGSS Player has stopped working Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 1:37 am

That's a bit vague. My first suggestion would be to give a bit more specific information; then maybe someone could help you figure out what's causing the problem.
Back to top Go down
BoyToy

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

PostSubject: Re: The RGSS Player has stopped working   The RGSS Player has stopped working Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 5:18 am

Kittyfox wrote:
That's a bit vague. My first suggestion would be to give a bit more specific information; then maybe someone could help you figure out what's causing the problem.

Well, I'm afraid I can't give anymore information. This is all I've experienced, and nothing else more. This is as descriptive as the post is going to get.

Sorry if it's too brief, but it is what it is.
Back to top Go down
Kittyfox

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

PostSubject: Re: The RGSS Player has stopped working   The RGSS Player has stopped working Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 5:44 am

For starters, what version of windows are you running? That's a kinda important bit of info.
Back to top Go down
Zeru
Administrator
Administrator
Zeru

Moderator Points :
The RGSS Player has stopped working Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100The RGSS Player has stopped working Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :

Activity Points : 3068
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Character sheet
RPG field: 1

PostSubject: Re: The RGSS Player has stopped working   The RGSS Player has stopped working Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 4:36 pm

First, make sure you have extracted the file.
If anything else happens try to set windows compatibility to XP, and/or extract the files to C drive.
Back to top Go down
https://finalstory.activoforo.com
myfantasy
Spammer
Spammer
myfantasy

Male Posts : 7576
Moderator Points :
The RGSS Player has stopped working Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100The RGSS Player has stopped working Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :
The RGSS Player has stopped working Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100The RGSS Player has stopped working Right_bar_bleue

Activity Points : 7888
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Character sheet
RPG field: plǝıɟ ƃdɹ

PostSubject: Re: The RGSS Player has stopped working   The RGSS Player has stopped working Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 5:29 pm

dunno if it was said to help but also to try downloading rgss thing from the rpg maker xp setup.
Back to top Go down
BoyToy

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

PostSubject: Re: The RGSS Player has stopped working   The RGSS Player has stopped working Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 1:49 am

@Kittyfox
My operating system is Windows 7.

@Zeru
Okay, l'll try this. I did extract it to a file on my dashboard, but l'll extract it to my C: Drive and see if l get any success. I also already tried putting the compatibility to Windows XP, but no success was derived.

*EDIT*

Well, l tried moving it to C: Drive and nothing. I also moved it to Windows\System32 and still nothing. Getting a little desperate... :x

I also tried downloading some links l got from other people with the same problem. I searched google and the download is a file called RGSS103J.dll. I tried that but still, nothing...

@myfantasy
Could you be more specific as to where l can download this program?
Back to top Go down
myfantasy
Spammer
Spammer
myfantasy

Moderator Points :
The RGSS Player has stopped working Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100The RGSS Player has stopped working Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :
The RGSS Player has stopped working Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100The RGSS Player has stopped working Right_bar_bleue

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The RGSS Player has stopped working   The RGSS Player has stopped working Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 8:13 pm

http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download-rtp.html#xp
Back to top Go down
Metawe
Spammer
Spammer
Metawe

Male Posts : 3662
Moderator Points :

Warning Points :
The RGSS Player has stopped working Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100The RGSS Player has stopped working Right_bar_bleue

Activity Points : 2811
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The RGSS Player has stopped working   The RGSS Player has stopped working Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 10:47 pm

myfantasy wrote:
I think installing that would solve your problem.
Back to top Go down
BoyToy

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

PostSubject: Re: The RGSS Player has stopped working   The RGSS Player has stopped working Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 11:40 pm

myfantasy wrote:

I'm sorry that I didn't respond to this thread in a while. I've been quite busy.

I tried downloading the program from this link. I installed it to my Final Story folder and I still get my same error. I tried putting it in another folder and then activated the Final Story game. Still, the error appeared.

More solutions? I'm really eager to play this game, it seems so fun...
Back to top Go down
myfantasy
Spammer
Spammer
myfantasy

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The RGSS Player has stopped working   The RGSS Player has stopped working Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 6:02 pm

by installing it you mean you opened it and stuffs right?
just making sure.

also I totally forgot but if your running vista you can try
running it as admin, or running it windows xp compatible.
Also make sure you have RGSS102E.dll in your fs folder and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Kittyfox

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

PostSubject: Re: The RGSS Player has stopped working   The RGSS Player has stopped working Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 8:06 pm

I'm guessing that it's likely to be conflicting with some other software that's running on the same computer.
Back to top Go down
BoyToy

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

PostSubject: Re: The RGSS Player has stopped working   The RGSS Player has stopped working Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 9:47 pm

@myfantasy
Yes, l installed it by actually going through the installation process. I tried all of your latter suggestions already, as l've stated more recently in this thread.

@Kittyfox
Yes, that could very well be the problem. The question would be: What program could be preventing the RGSSPlayer from working? Beats me... :(

l'm appreciative of the responses, guys and girls. Keep them coming! :}
Back to top Go down
myfantasy
Spammer
Spammer
myfantasy

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The RGSS Player has stopped working   The RGSS Player has stopped working Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 10:21 pm

antivirus?
Back to top Go down
BoyToy

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

PostSubject: Re: The RGSS Player has stopped working   The RGSS Player has stopped working Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 12:02 am

myfantasy wrote:
antivirus?

Testing that now. Let's see if it works...

*EDIT*
My operating system is Windows Vista 32-bit, not Windows 7. Sorry for any confusion. I've heard that there are difficulties with the RGSS and Vista... Help! :(

*EDIT #2*
l still get the same error when l allow Final Story through my anti-virus or firewall...

More suggestions?

*EDIT #3*
Here is a screenshot of the error I've been dealing with (in the spoiler):

Spoiler:

Perhaps this screenshot can give you an idea of what l'm dealing with. :(
Back to top Go down
myfantasy
Spammer
Spammer
myfantasy

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The RGSS Player has stopped working   The RGSS Player has stopped working Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 5:10 pm

hmm then the only thing i can suggest is
1. google your error
2. go on a rpg maker xp fan game site for help
ex) rpgrevolution.com
Back to top Go down
BoyToy

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

PostSubject: Re: The RGSS Player has stopped working   The RGSS Player has stopped working Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 1:01 am

myfantasy wrote:
hmm then the only thing i can suggest is
1. google your error
2. go on a rpg maker xp fan game site for help
ex) rpgrevolution.com

:(... l tried both of those things. I still couldn't fix my problem. Sigh. I'm so sad... :(
Back to top Go down
myfantasy
Spammer
Spammer
myfantasy

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The RGSS Player has stopped working   The RGSS Player has stopped working Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 5:29 pm

possibly just your computer.. not sure
sorry D:
Back to top Go down
Metawe
Spammer
Spammer
Metawe

Male Posts : 3662
Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Activity Points : 2811
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The RGSS Player has stopped working   The RGSS Player has stopped working Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 9:15 pm

Weird... I've never heard that happening. I'm guessing you have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling that RTP thing... I don't really know what else to try. :s
Back to top Go down
Zeru
Administrator
Administrator
Zeru

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Activity Points : 3068
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The RGSS Player has stopped working   The RGSS Player has stopped working Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 10:13 pm

Had you tried testing with another computer yet?
Just to make sure the file is not corrupted or missing anything.
Back to top Go down
https://finalstory.activoforo.com
NeoFrost
NeoFrost

Male Posts : 1595
Moderator Points :
The RGSS Player has stopped working Left_bar_bleue99 / 10099 / 100The RGSS Player has stopped working Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :

Activity Points : 1809
Registration date : 2009-10-28

Character sheet
RPG field: 6.0221412927×10^23

PostSubject: Re: The RGSS Player has stopped working   The RGSS Player has stopped working Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 2:26 pm

"Try this: Get RGSS102E.dll, rename it to RGSS100J.dll, and place it in your C:\Windows directory (or C:\Windows\System32, wherever the dll gets placed when installing RMXP). Chose to replace if prompted."
From some random forum. None of the above suggestions looked anything like this, so I guess maybe I could donate my research. o-o
Back to top Go down
myfantasy
Spammer
Spammer
myfantasy

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The RGSS Player has stopped working   The RGSS Player has stopped working Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 6:50 pm

good job neo. hopefully it works for boytoy.
Back to top Go down
BoyToy

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

PostSubject: Re: The RGSS Player has stopped working   The RGSS Player has stopped working Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 11:24 pm

Zeru wrote:
Had you tried testing with another computer yet?
Just to make sure the file is not corrupted or missing anything.

Yes, I have tried this. The game did work on my brother's computer. It's a Windows 7 64-bit. I beat FSI on there and am currently completing Lith Harbor's Intermediate and Advanced dungeons in FSII.

However, I'm rarely able to access this computer since it belongs to my brother. I'd rather transfer the files via email over to this computer so l can access the game more often.

@NeoFrost
I remember searching google and I found this recommendation, but I was to no avail. The problem still persisted. :(

I thank everyone so much for your continued support and help. I feel so special! LOL! :}

*EDIT*
@NeoFrost
I tried doing your suggestion just in case, and it didn't work. :(

Any more ideas? :3
Back to top Go down
myfantasy
Spammer
Spammer
myfantasy

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The RGSS Player has stopped working   The RGSS Player has stopped working Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 12:16 pm

system restore!!
jk
well adding onto neofrost's comment there
you have to go into the config and change in the "Game" notepad / config file
and change "RGSS102E.dll" beside library to "RGSS100J.dll"

or

apparently you can download the dll from the enterbrain site and it should work.
-probably taking the dll from the sample games on their site-
not sure about this one though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The RGSS Player has stopped working   The RGSS Player has stopped working Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The RGSS Player has stopped working
Page 1 of 1