Final Story
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 196 on Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:07 am
Discord

What came first: the chicken or the egg?

Go down 
+4
Before
myfantasy
NeoFrost
Metawe
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

The chicken
What came first: the chicken or the egg? Vote_lcap53%What came first: the chicken or the egg? Vote_rcap
 53% [ 29 ]
The Egg
What came first: the chicken or the egg? Vote_lcap47%What came first: the chicken or the egg? Vote_rcap
 47% [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 55

AuthorMessage
Metawe
Spammer
Spammer
Metawe

Male Posts : 3662
Moderator Points :
What came first: the chicken or the egg? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What came first: the chicken or the egg? Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :
What came first: the chicken or the egg? Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100What came first: the chicken or the egg? Right_bar_bleue

Activity Points : 2811
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Character sheet
RPG field: 1

What came first: the chicken or the egg? Empty
PostSubject: What came first: the chicken or the egg?   What came first: the chicken or the egg? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 12:53 am

Random, or rather classic, question of the 2-weeks!

Last edited by Metawe on Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NeoFrost
NeoFrost

Male Posts : 1595
Moderator Points :
What came first: the chicken or the egg? Left_bar_bleue99 / 10099 / 100What came first: the chicken or the egg? Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :
What came first: the chicken or the egg? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What came first: the chicken or the egg? Right_bar_bleue

Activity Points : 1809
Registration date : 2009-10-28

Character sheet
RPG field: 6.0221412927×10^23

PostSubject: Re: What came first: the chicken or the egg?   What came first: the chicken or the egg? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 4:55 am

Ummmm, neither? =D A chicken would've needed another to reproduce, and an egg would've needed nursing. I only see Yes/No on the poll. >=O

My Theory : Demented cross breeds made a chicken, OR weird birds evolved into them.
Back to top Go down
Metawe
Spammer
Spammer
Metawe

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :
What came first: the chicken or the egg? Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100What came first: the chicken or the egg? Right_bar_bleue

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What came first: the chicken or the egg?   What came first: the chicken or the egg? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 9:45 am

dd5000 wrote:
Ummmm, neither? =D A chicken would've needed another to reproduce, and an egg would've needed nursing. I only see Yes/No on the poll. >=O

My Theory : Demented cross breeds made a chicken, OR weird birds evolved into them.
The chicken has more possibility to live. Therefore, the chicken.

Last edited by Metawe on Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
myfantasy
Spammer
Spammer
myfantasy

Male Posts : 7576
Moderator Points :
What came first: the chicken or the egg? Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100What came first: the chicken or the egg? Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :
What came first: the chicken or the egg? Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100What came first: the chicken or the egg? Right_bar_bleue

Activity Points : 7888
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Character sheet
RPG field: plǝıɟ ƃdɹ

PostSubject: Re: What came first: the chicken or the egg?   What came first: the chicken or the egg? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 1:43 pm

Chuck norris.
Jk I chose chicken
Back to top Go down
Before
Spammer
Spammer
Before

Male Posts : 4684
Location : Everywhere, watching. In the stars. At the forests. Home. <3
Moderator Points :
What came first: the chicken or the egg? Left_bar_bleue36 / 10036 / 100What came first: the chicken or the egg? Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :

Activity Points : 5085
Registration date : 2009-12-05

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What came first: the chicken or the egg?   What came first: the chicken or the egg? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 6:42 pm

The chicken. My story! :D :::
Story 1:
The dinosaur mutated into a chicken after generations and evolutions. Then the chicken reproduced. :D

Story 2:
The gods ran away from the fear of the TYPHON (I think that is how you spell the name.) and to hide themselves, they turned into chickens. Then, the chickens reproduced. :D
Back to top Go down
Metawe
Spammer
Spammer
Metawe

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What came first: the chicken or the egg?   What came first: the chicken or the egg? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 6:46 pm

Before wrote:
The chicken. My story! :D :::
Story 1:
The dinosaur mutated into a chicken after generations and evolutions. Then the chicken reproduced. :D

Story 2:
The gods ran away from the fear of the TYPHON (I think that is how you spell the name.) and to hide themselves, they turned into chickens. Then, the chickens reproduced. :D
Actually the believed ancestor of the chicken is the red funglefowl. (like junglefellow!)

So the egg might have come first throughout evolution... *groans at myself*
Back to top Go down
shadowfluxx
Spammer
Spammer
shadowfluxx

Male Posts : 1815
Moderator Points :
What came first: the chicken or the egg? Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100What came first: the chicken or the egg? Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :
What came first: the chicken or the egg? Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100What came first: the chicken or the egg? Right_bar_bleue

Activity Points : 1966
Registration date : 2009-04-19

PostSubject: Re: What came first: the chicken or the egg?   What came first: the chicken or the egg? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 7:16 pm

2 different type of birds making out (lol) creating the first nest of chicken eggs,...
and that began the race of chickens ?
just how i see it.
Back to top Go down
myfantasy
Spammer
Spammer
myfantasy

Male Posts : 7576
Moderator Points :
What came first: the chicken or the egg? Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100What came first: the chicken or the egg? Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :
What came first: the chicken or the egg? Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100What came first: the chicken or the egg? Right_bar_bleue

Activity Points : 7888
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Character sheet
RPG field: plǝıɟ ƃdɹ

PostSubject: Re: What came first: the chicken or the egg?   What came first: the chicken or the egg? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 8:13 pm

my theory is god
he amde all of animals once and they made babies :D
Back to top Go down
shadowfluxx
Spammer
Spammer
shadowfluxx

Moderator Points :
What came first: the chicken or the egg? Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100What came first: the chicken or the egg? Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :
What came first: the chicken or the egg? Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100What came first: the chicken or the egg? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: What came first: the chicken or the egg?   What came first: the chicken or the egg? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 8:43 pm

myfantasy wrote:
my theory is god
if there is only one of each animal how do they make babies ?
F3
Back to top Go down
Metawe
Spammer
Spammer
Metawe

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What came first: the chicken or the egg?   What came first: the chicken or the egg? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 8:45 pm

shadowfluxx wrote:
myfantasy wrote:
my theory is god
F3
They can change their gender though...
Back to top Go down
Before
Spammer
Spammer
Before

Moderator Points :
What came first: the chicken or the egg? Left_bar_bleue36 / 10036 / 100What came first: the chicken or the egg? Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What came first: the chicken or the egg?   What came first: the chicken or the egg? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 11:22 pm

Metawe wrote:
shadowfluxx wrote:
myfantasy wrote:
my theory is god
F3
They can change their gender though...

IMPOSSIBLE! :O If they were females, SOME can reproduce. If they were males, then SOME can reproduce. THE SPECIES WON'T INTERTWINE!!! :O Anyway, if it is a female, then how can it give birth to a male if it didn't.... mate with it? :O
Back to top Go down
Before
Spammer
Spammer
Before

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What came first: the chicken or the egg?   What came first: the chicken or the egg? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 3:28 pm

Metawe wrote:
Actually the chicken can and does change sex, a well know fact among egg farms. The known occurences happen about every 1 in a 10,000. We have observed an egg-laying hen change into a crowing/breeding rooster. There are numerous explanations for this most having to do with the keeping the species going. But it is observed in egg-laying barns where no roosters have been present that a hen will change.

There are some animals that change sexes, but the chicken isn't one of them. I recall a marine biologist I once met telling me that all very large groupers -- the ones that weigh hundreds of pounds -- are females because only mature specimens can grow that large and all groupers change to females as they mature. It's called sequential hermaphroditism. When males turn into females, it's called protandry, and when it's the other way around, it's called protogyny. Only fish and some invertebrates demonstrate sequential hermaphroditism.

Eh... 1 in a 10,000 ... the first hen will change genders. :O Unlikely. If there are no roosters present, since the farmers "hide" the rooster from the hens to get eggs that are not fertilized, will the farmer's hens transform into a rooster then? o-o"
If the chicken cannot change genders.... then how can they change genders when you said 1 in a ten-thousand? :O
Back to top Go down
Metawe
Spammer
Spammer
Metawe

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What came first: the chicken or the egg?   What came first: the chicken or the egg? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 4:02 pm

Before wrote:
Metawe wrote:
Actually the chicken can and does change sex, a well know fact among egg farms. The known occurences happen about every 1 in a 10,000. We have observed an egg-laying hen change into a crowing/breeding rooster. There are numerous explanations for this most having to do with the keeping the species going. But it is observed in egg-laying barns where no roosters have been present that a hen will change.

There are some animals that change sexes, but the chicken isn't one of them. I recall a marine biologist I once met telling me that all very large groupers -- the ones that weigh hundreds of pounds -- are females because only mature specimens can grow that large and all groupers change to females as they mature. It's called sequential hermaphroditism. When males turn into females, it's called protandry, and when it's the other way around, it's called protogyny. Only fish and some invertebrates demonstrate sequential hermaphroditism.

Eh... 1 in a 10,000 ... the first hen will change genders. :O Unlikely. If there are no roosters present, since the farmers "hide" the rooster from the hens to get eggs that are not fertilized, will the farmer's hens transform into a rooster then? o-o"
If the chicken cannot change genders.... then how can they change genders when you said 1 in a ten-thousand? :O

Forgot to say that I copy-pasted that from another website.. lol.

But here is my answer after some research:
It depends on what you define as gender. The chromosomes that control the physical differences between male and female are embedded at the moment of fecundation and cannot change.

The sex chromosomes work by programming enzymes that affect the chicken’s development in the egg and during its lifetime. These enzymes are sensitive to temperature. If fertilized eggs (which contains male chromosomes) are cooled down by a few degrees for about two-three days after having been laid, the relative activity of the sex hormones will allow the development of female traits. In about 10% of the cases, this cooling will produce a hen with a functioning, reproductive and fertile female body; even though the chicken is genetically male.

Edit: Oops... deleted the other post, I thought I had double posted... oh well.
Before anyone says you double posted: Before's posts are not double posts, I accidentally deleted my own post.
Back to top Go down
shadowfluxx
Spammer
Spammer
shadowfluxx

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

PostSubject: Re: What came first: the chicken or the egg?   What came first: the chicken or the egg? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 10:44 am

Metawe wrote:
Before wrote:
Metawe wrote:

It depends on what you define as gender. The chromosomes that control the physical differences between male and female are embedded at the moment of fecundation and cannot change.

The sex chromosomes work by programming enzymes that affect the chicken’s development in the egg and during its lifetime. These enzymes are sensitive to temperature. If fertilized eggs (which contains male chromosomes) are cooled down by a few degrees for about two-three days after having been laid, the relative activity of the sex hormones will allow the development of female traits. In about 10% of the cases, this cooling will produce a hen with a functioning, reproductive and fertile female body; even though the chicken is genetically male.

Before anyone says you double posted: Before's posts are not double posts, I accidentally deleted my own post.
it doesnt matter if that one animal of the species change's gender,...since ur alone so you dont have anyone to have sex with, so it doesnt matter what you are.
there for everything would have died,...
myfantasy just suck's at being god, so thats why the other gods made him mortal
F3
Back to top Go down
Metawe
Spammer
Spammer
Metawe

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What came first: the chicken or the egg?   What came first: the chicken or the egg? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 10:57 am

shadowfluxx wrote:
Metawe wrote:
Before wrote:
Metawe wrote:

it doesnt matter if that one animal of the species change's gender,...since ur alone so you dont have anyone to have sex with, so it doesnt matter what you are.
there for everything would have died,...
myfantasy just suck's at being god, so thats why the other gods made him mortal
F3
If there is another chicken, they can have eggs.
Back to top Go down
Before
Spammer
Spammer
Before

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What came first: the chicken or the egg?   What came first: the chicken or the egg? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 8:28 pm

Metawe wrote:

He said there is only 1 chicken. O_O''
So, the chicken came first. The end. :D
Back to top Go down
Metawe
Spammer
Spammer
Metawe

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What came first: the chicken or the egg?   What came first: the chicken or the egg? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 9:30 pm

Before wrote:
Metawe wrote:

He said there is only 1 chicken. O_O''
So, the chicken came first. The end. :D
No! Let the discussion continue! it shall last until next question. D:
Back to top Go down
Before
Spammer
Spammer
Before

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What came first: the chicken or the egg?   What came first: the chicken or the egg? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:02 am

Metawe wrote:

No! Let the discussion continue! it shall last until next question. D:

But... it is solved. :O Looks at the votes in the poll *points*

The Chicken: 10

The Egg: 4

The chicken came first. The end.
Back to top Go down
shadowfluxx
Spammer
Spammer
shadowfluxx

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

PostSubject: Re: What came first: the chicken or the egg?   What came first: the chicken or the egg? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 12:09 pm

no the egg came first since if there was one chicken
i didnt have a sexual counter part to make eggs with,...
there for 2 bird type animals created the first nest
of about 10 eggs or something wich was the beginning
of the chicken race,....
Back to top Go down
Metawe
Spammer
Spammer
Metawe

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What came first: the chicken or the egg?   What came first: the chicken or the egg? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 2:56 pm

shadowfluxx wrote:
of the chicken race,....
It would depend on what you define as "chicken". Because the ancestor of the chicken evolved into our current chicken. They might have looked alike and have similar traits, therefore it is impossible to know when was the first chicken created and it leads into this question... It's all up to how you perceive it then.
Back to top Go down
shadowfluxx
Spammer
Spammer
shadowfluxx

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

PostSubject: Re: What came first: the chicken or the egg?   What came first: the chicken or the egg? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 4:56 pm

Metawe wrote:
shadowfluxx wrote:
of the chicken race,....
It would depend on what you define as "chicken". Because the ancestor of the chicken evolved into our current chicken. They might have looked alike and have similar traits, therefore it is impossible to know when was the first chicken created and it leads into this question... It's all up to how you perceive it then.
but than to anser the question u need to know 2 things
1 what is the deffenition of a chicken
2 from what point did they chicken evolution looked like that
and that is something we dont know,...
so this question simply cant be ansered,...
Back to top Go down
Blaze
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Blaze

Male Posts : 158
Moderator Points :
What came first: the chicken or the egg? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100What came first: the chicken or the egg? Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :

Activity Points : 226
Registration date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: What came first: the chicken or the egg?   What came first: the chicken or the egg? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 5:16 pm

I voted the Egg
I believe that the egg randomly fell out of nowhere and broke thus revealing the chicken
Back to top Go down
Metawe
Spammer
Spammer
Metawe

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What came first: the chicken or the egg?   What came first: the chicken or the egg? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 6:16 pm

shadowfluxx wrote:
Metawe wrote:
shadowfluxx wrote:
of the chicken race,....
The ancestor of the chicken is the Red Junglefowl and the Grey Jungleflow. So in fact, it might the egg who came first... But then again, you can consider those two Junglefowl as a chicken since they have very similar traits.
Back to top Go down
shadowfluxx
Spammer
Spammer
shadowfluxx

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

PostSubject: Re: What came first: the chicken or the egg?   What came first: the chicken or the egg? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 7:37 pm

Metawe wrote:
shadowfluxx wrote:
Metawe wrote:
shadowfluxx wrote:
of the chicken race,....
The ancestor of the chicken is the Red Junglefowl and the Grey Jungleflow. So in fact, it might the egg who came first... But then again, you can consider those two Junglefowl as a chicken since they have very similar traits.
so like i said what is the deffinition of a chicken,...
if it can not be given the eggs was first,...
i called it right
*D
Back to top Go down
Metawe
Spammer
Spammer
Metawe

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What came first: the chicken or the egg?   What came first: the chicken or the egg? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 7:49 pm

shadowfluxx wrote:
Metawe wrote:
shadowfluxx wrote:
Metawe wrote:
shadowfluxx wrote:
of the chicken race,....
so like i said what is the deffinition of a chicken,...
if it can not be given the eggs was first,...
i called it right
*D
–noun
A domestic fowl, Gallus domesticus, descended from various jungle fowl of southeastern Asia and developed in a number of breeds for its flesh, eggs, and feathers.

It does mention that it is a descendant from the Jungleflows... but I would still vote the egg. *makes vote cancellation permitted*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What came first: the chicken or the egg?   What came first: the chicken or the egg? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Final Story  :: Off Topic :: General Chat-
Jump to: