Final Story
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 196 on Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:07 am
Discord

Comic Series-- Tryouts.

Go down 
+8
iTester
PlanetSpear
Zeru
pestilencexp
speedycop
OrangeAce
noob5o4
Administrator
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hyper Member
Hyper Member

Moderator Points :
Comic Series-- Tryouts. Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Comic Series-- Tryouts. Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :
Comic Series-- Tryouts. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Comic Series-- Tryouts. Right_bar_bleue

Activity Points : -16
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Character sheet
RPG field:

Comic Series-- Tryouts. Empty
PostSubject: Comic Series-- Tryouts.   Comic Series-- Tryouts. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 2:09 pm

Comic Series-- Tryouts. FSBanner1

Me and Zeru decided that in order to get people interested in the game, we'll start a comic series. It'll follow the same story-line as the game does. We post it on Basil and maybe people will be interested in joining! So we need to find someone willing who has some skills in the art of comics.
Create the first episode in the series and post it here. Whoever has the best one will get to make the series, and either me or Zeru will post it on Basil or you can =)

TIPS:
-Use good grammar and spelling.
-Organize your frames well and neatly.
-Special effects are a bonus.
-Have a nice title banner for the comic (or use the one given above)
-Use realistic settings.

You must use the following storyline:
-Zeru and Antlan talking about leaving Victoria Island, and going to get their job advancments. Include some chat similar to the chat when you first start the game. Get up to the point after Training Camp, and have one battle with a snail. Cliffhangers are great Wink

Last edited by Churroz on Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
noob5o4

Moderator Points :
Comic Series-- Tryouts. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Comic Series-- Tryouts. Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :

Activity Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Comic Series-- Tryouts.   Comic Series-- Tryouts. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 7:28 pm

oh i want be in a comic never really been in one.
am like going use my real maplestory char?
well if they do they can meet like bad guys that just jump in and try kill them that can be me.
in the end all 4 just kill me and they win but i think 1 of them should die.
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Hyper Member
Hyper Member

Moderator Points :
Comic Series-- Tryouts. Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Comic Series-- Tryouts. Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :

Character sheet
RPG field:

PostSubject: Re: Comic Series-- Tryouts.   Comic Series-- Tryouts. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 7:31 pm

noob5o4 wrote:
oh i want be in a comic never really been in one.
am like going use my real maplestory char?
well if they do they can meet like bad guys that just jump in and try kill them that can be me.
in the end all 4 just kill me and they win but i think 1 of them should die.

Rofl. Did you even read my post? You have to create the comic, not sign up to be in it.
It has to be based on the Final Story plot, which means the characters have to be from Final Story
Back to top Go down
noob5o4

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

PostSubject: Re: Comic Series-- Tryouts.   Comic Series-- Tryouts. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 7:54 pm

bleh im only 11 i want creat one but i dont know how i found a guide on how to from a good comic builder on basil
Back to top Go down
OrangeAce
OrangeAce

Male Posts : 75
Moderator Points :
Comic Series-- Tryouts. Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Comic Series-- Tryouts. Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :

PostSubject: Re: Comic Series-- Tryouts.   Comic Series-- Tryouts. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 5:47 am

I would be able to make comics for Final Story if I get banned story back to create it but I can't cause the site for it is blocked on my computer.
Back to top Go down
speedycop
Spammer
Spammer
speedycop

Male Posts : 1428
Moderator Points :
Comic Series-- Tryouts. Left_bar_bleue21 / 10021 / 100Comic Series-- Tryouts. Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :
Comic Series-- Tryouts. Left_bar_bleue16 / 10016 / 100Comic Series-- Tryouts. Right_bar_bleue

Activity Points : 810
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Character sheet
RPG field: 1

PostSubject: Re: Comic Series-- Tryouts.   Comic Series-- Tryouts. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 8:46 am

I could attempt it but making the fighting parts and fighting effects is hard. Plus if you could pm me the banner/title to stick on that would help Wink.
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Hyper Member
Hyper Member

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Character sheet
RPG field:

PostSubject: Re: Comic Series-- Tryouts.   Comic Series-- Tryouts. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 9:34 am

speedycop wrote:
I could attempt it but making the fighting parts and fighting effects is hard. Plus if you could pm me the banner/title to stick on that would help Wink.

If you can't make a banner just type in Final Story Comic or whatever, it can be added later.
Back to top Go down
speedycop
Spammer
Spammer
speedycop

Moderator Points :
Comic Series-- Tryouts. Left_bar_bleue21 / 10021 / 100Comic Series-- Tryouts. Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :
Comic Series-- Tryouts. Left_bar_bleue16 / 10016 / 100Comic Series-- Tryouts. Right_bar_bleue

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Comic Series-- Tryouts.   Comic Series-- Tryouts. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 10:36 am

I mean like a custom banner because that's my only weakness in making comics =/. I can add in funny dialouge and stuff Wink. EDIT:Nvm I'll just work on the comic itself and you can make a banner and pm it to me when you do. Just tell me like a script for part 1 or preview and blah blah and I'll start. I need to know what they should discuss first =P.

Last edited by speedycop on Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More information needed)
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Hyper Member
Hyper Member

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Character sheet
RPG field:

PostSubject: Re: Comic Series-- Tryouts.   Comic Series-- Tryouts. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 10:44 am

speedycop wrote:
I mean like a custom banner because that's my only weakness in making comics =/. I can add in funny dialouge and stuff Wink. EDIT: Nvm I'll just work on the comic itself and you can make a banner and pm it to me when you do. Just tell me like a script for part 1 or preview and blah blah and I'll start. I need to know what they should discuss first =P.

If you need help, then play FinalStory and start a new game. Make them talk about all the stuff at the beginning,about going to Victoria Island. Just re-write it to be a bit shorter, maybe 3-4 frames. Then the next frame Zeru comes out of the training camp and meets Antlan where they encounter a snail. Make it very dramatic Wink
And then cliffhanger in the middle of the snail fight.
Back to top Go down
speedycop
Spammer
Spammer
speedycop

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Comic Series-- Tryouts.   Comic Series-- Tryouts. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 10:46 am

Hmmm alright i'll see what I can do then post it on this thread for the first part ( No banner for preview though) but next part it'll be betetr to have one. Wish me luck.
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Hyper Member
Hyper Member

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Character sheet
RPG field:

PostSubject: Re: Comic Series-- Tryouts.   Comic Series-- Tryouts. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 10:48 am

speedycop wrote:
Hmmm alright i'll see what I can do then post it on this thread for the first part ( No banner for preview though) but next part it'll be betetr to have one. Wish me luck.

Good luck =D
And remember, 800 px wide at most. go somewhere between 700-800.
Back to top Go down
speedycop
Spammer
Spammer
speedycop

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Comic Series-- Tryouts.   Comic Series-- Tryouts. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 11:19 am

Somewhat got an idea for dialogue, could you possibly assist me in finding a background that is under 200 bytes and fit's with the scene? (preview/part 1 is just at the starry night when they're talking. I was using banned story backgrounds to find a good one but they're too big =/.
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Hyper Member
Hyper Member

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Character sheet
RPG field:

PostSubject: Re: Comic Series-- Tryouts.   Comic Series-- Tryouts. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 11:22 am

speedycop wrote:
Somewhat got an idea for dialogue, could you possibly assist me in finding a background that is under 200 bytes and fit's with the scene? (preview/part 1 is just at the starry night when they're talking. I was using banned story backgrounds to find a good one but they're too big =/.

You can always crop the Bannedstory backgrounds.. lol
I don't know if there's any good place for night backgrounds, I know korean folk town is definetly good. I have one picture, but it's not really a background. Maybe you can cut out some of the starry sky and paste it on xD

Comic Series-- Tryouts. BannerBG
Back to top Go down
speedycop
Spammer
Spammer
speedycop

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Comic Series-- Tryouts.   Comic Series-- Tryouts. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 1:14 pm

Hmm not sure if I will be able to finish at all or any time soon kinda busy >.< hope some people decide to try out too F2 . Also tell me when there is a submission date so I can know how much time I should use working on it. O)
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Hyper Member
Hyper Member

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Character sheet
RPG field:

PostSubject: Re: Comic Series-- Tryouts.   Comic Series-- Tryouts. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 1:18 pm

speedycop wrote:
Hmm not sure if I will be able to finish at all or any time soon kinda busy >.< hope some people decide to try out too F2 . Also tell me when there is a submission date so I can know how much time I should use working on it. O)

Well, there is no actual submission date, just going to wait until a few people try out. Obviously don't spend too much time working on it. Ideally have it done in a few days.
Back to top Go down
speedycop
Spammer
Spammer
speedycop

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Comic Series-- Tryouts.   Comic Series-- Tryouts. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 1:34 pm

OK thanks Churroz I'll try my best.
Back to top Go down
pestilencexp
pestilencexp

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Registration date : 2008-08-02

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Comic Series-- Tryouts.   Comic Series-- Tryouts. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 7:09 pm

Meh I had a couple of ideas and threw this together
Im not much of a comic maker though

Comic Series-- Tryouts. Comic
Back to top Go down
OrangeAce
OrangeAce

Moderator Points :
Comic Series-- Tryouts. Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Comic Series-- Tryouts. Right_bar_bleue

Warning Points :

PostSubject: Re: Comic Series-- Tryouts.   Comic Series-- Tryouts. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:02 am

I guess I'll have a go at it with Microsoft paint.

EDIT: Anyone know a free program which I can use which supports transparency, because unfortunately, I cannot work with Microsoft paint, I can make it if someone can pm me assorted pictures of speech bubbles as I do not have banned story, I can handle the rest + special effects in cartoon depending on program (By free I also mean does not require a registration pin)

Last edited by OrangeAce on Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding information)
Back to top Go down
Zeru
Administrator
Administrator
Zeru

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Activity Points : 3068
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Comic Series-- Tryouts.   Comic Series-- Tryouts. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:11 am

OrangeAce wrote:
I guess I'll have a go at it with Microsoft paint.

EDIT: Anyone know a free program which I can use which supports transparency, because unfortunately, I cannot work with Microsoft paint, I can make it if someone can pm me assorted pictures of speech bubbles as I do not have banned story, I can handle the rest + special effects in cartoon depending on program (By free I also mean does not require a registration pin)

nice comic for the guy above lol.... and use gimp supports transparency and layers.
Back to top Go down
https://finalstory.activoforo.com
OrangeAce
OrangeAce

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

PostSubject: Re: Comic Series-- Tryouts.   Comic Series-- Tryouts. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:21 am

My comic I'm making will be finished by tomorrow or the day after.
Back to top Go down
PlanetSpear
PlanetSpear

Male Posts : 461
Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Activity Points : 13
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Comic Series-- Tryouts.   Comic Series-- Tryouts. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 8:34 am

Off topic, but why don't you have a red name?
Back to top Go down
speedycop
Spammer
Spammer
speedycop

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Comic Series-- Tryouts.   Comic Series-- Tryouts. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 1:38 pm

PlanetSpear wrote:
I think he's just a mod for final story section and technical if you see his name near the forum mods. F6
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Hyper Member
Hyper Member

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Character sheet
RPG field:

PostSubject: Re: Comic Series-- Tryouts.   Comic Series-- Tryouts. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 2:11 pm

speedycop wrote:
PlanetSpear wrote:
I think he's just a mod for final story section and technical if you see his name near the forum mods. F6

Ya, just for Final Story/Bug Report section Wink
I think I'll try making a comic of my own, but I suck at special effects :p
Back to top Go down
speedycop
Spammer
Spammer
speedycop

Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Comic Series-- Tryouts.   Comic Series-- Tryouts. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 3:01 pm

I am still trying almost there Wink
Back to top Go down
PlanetSpear
PlanetSpear

Male Posts : 461
Moderator Points :

Warning Points :

Activity Points : 13
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Comic Series-- Tryouts.   Comic Series-- Tryouts. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 3:32 pm

Churroz wrote:
speedycop wrote:
PlanetSpear wrote:

Ya, just for Final Story/Bug Report section Wink
I think I'll try making a comic of my own, but I suck at special effects :p
Pfft, full name mod I am.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comic Series-- Tryouts.   Comic Series-- Tryouts. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Comic Series-- Tryouts.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next